AFP has partnered with American Airlines, Delta, Southwest Airlines, Amtrak and Uber to offer discounted fares making it easier for you to get to and around Washington, DC! All rules and regulations apply.
Cars / Taxis / Trains
Save up to 20% on travel with the Star Alliance™ Network
The Star Alliance member airlines are pleased to be appointed as the Official Airline Network for the AFP Annual Conference.
To obtain the Star Alliance Conventions Plus discounts please follow the below steps to access the Conventions Plus online booking tool:
*Should the online booking tool not open, please ensure that your Pop-Up blocker is disabled.
Registered participants plus one accompanying person travelling to the event can qualify for a discount of up to 20%, depending on fare and class of travel booked.
The participating airlines for this event are: Avianca, Copa Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, Air Canada, Air New Zealand, ANA, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, THAI, United, Asiana Airlines, TAP Portugal, SWISS International Air Lines, South African Airways, Air China, Turkish Airlines, EgyptAir, Adria Airways, Croatia Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Aegean Airlines, EVA Airways.
Discounts are offered on most published business and economy class fares, excluding website/internet fares, senior and youth fares, group fares and Round the World fares.
Please note: For travel to/from Japan and New Zealand special fares or discounts may be offered by the participating airlines on their own network. To obtain these special fares or discounts and for booking office information please visit www.staralliance.com/conventionsplus/delegates/ and:
- Click on “Conventions Plus Booking Contacts” and enter the conventions code UA44S14.
- Choose one of the participating airlines listed
- Call the respective reservation contact listed and quote the conventions code UA44S14 when requesting the special ticket
When making your travel plans please present confirmation of your registration or proof of attendance for the Event/Convention.
- Booked online at www.aa.com for American Airlines/American Eagle Airlines flights only. Enter 81H4BQ in the Promotion Code box.
- Itineraries involving any oneworld or codeshare partner airline must be booked through our Meeting Services Department at 1.800.433.1790 if calling from the US and Canada. Please note a $25 fee will apply for each ticket booked over the phone. International attendees should call their local American Airlines reservations number with the above Promotion code. The discount is valid October 30 - November 8, 2014.
Oneworld carriers are as follows:
- AA - AmericanAirlines/AmericanEagle
- AB - Airberlin
- BA - British Airways
- CX - Cathay Pacific
- AY - Finnair
- IB - Iberia
- JL - Japan Airlines
- LA - Lan Airlines
- QF - Qantas Airways
- QR - Qatar Airways
- RJ - Royal Jordanian
- S7 - Siberia Airlines
- Visit www.delta.com to book a trip. When booking online, select Book A Trip, click on More Search Options, enter the meeting code NMHJ2 in the box provided on the Search Flight page and continue with booking process.
- You can also book by calling Delta Meeting Reservations at 1-800-328-1111, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00p.m. (Central Time) and refer to File Meeting Code NMHJ2. Please note there is a direct ticketing fee for booking through the reservations number above.
A discount on Southwest Airlines is available for the AFP Annual Conference to/from BWI Airport, Washington National and Washington Dulles for travel between October 29 and November 8, 2014. Book your flight here to receive the discount.
Southwest Airlines Rapid Reward Members will also receive a 25% earning bonus on Rapid Rewards points for each segment flown.
Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number is D028495.
When calling Avis at 1.800.331.1600 to make reservations, please provide the reservations agents with this AWD number to ensure you receive the best available car rental rates.
You may also reserve online.
The AWD will be effective from seven days prior to the event until seven days after the event.
Uber is here to help you get around DC hassle free! Sign up with promo code AFP2014 and your first uberX, UberBLACK or UberSUV ride is FREE up to $30.
What is Uber?
Uber allows you to request a professionally driven black car, SUV or uberX on demand. Track the arrival of your ride on your smartphone, payment is cashless, and you'll even receive a text message when your driver arrives.
Amtrak offers a 10% discount off the best available fare to Washington, DC between October 30 - November 8, 2014.
- To book your reservation call Amtrak at 1.800.872.7245 or contact your local travel agent.
- Conventions cannot be booked via Internet. Please be sure to refer to Convention Fare Code X86R-987 when making your reservation. This offer is not valid on the Auto Train and Acela Service. Fare is valid on Amtrak Regional for all departures seven days a week, except for holiday blackouts. Offer valid with Sleepers, Business Class or First Class seats with payment of the full applicable accommodation charges.